.Salma Patel, a doctoral researcher at the University of Warwick, considers 10 ways that researchers could use the micro-blogging tool twitter for the purpose of online research is to introduce, promote and support the use of social media and digital technology in research and researcher development.
1. Join the research community
2. Share your research and publications
3. Interact with the ‘outside world’
4. Get answers to your research related questions
6. Share your experiences
7. Keep tabs on your competition
9. Keep up-to-date with your research
10. Follow conferences you can’t attend
You can read full text post at Networked reseracher blog.