The 2013 Eurobarometer Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI), Science and Technology edited by the European Commission offers a valuable insight into public opinion and its aim is to better engage citizens in science, research and innovation and promote responsible research and innovation.
This survey was carried out between April and May of 2013 in the 27 Member States of the European Union and in Croatia. The methodology was face-to-face interviews with 27.563 European citizens from different social and demographic groups and they were asked about the following topics:
- Engagement with science and technology
- The impact of science and technology on society
- Attitudes towards science and technology
- Ethics and science
- Young people and science
- Gender issues and science
- Open access to research results
This study follows on from Eurobarometer 2010 Science and Technology.