.From 13th to 15th July in Dublin will take place 2012 European Science TV and New Media Festival in which there will be eight awards for programmes and productions that were first broadcast or released in 2010 or later up to the end of March 2012.
The TV programmes or New Media productions have to be a significant science or technology content in any entry, which may also be the stories of individual scientists or engineers and their lives.
Four genre based prizes will be awarded for:
– TV Documentaries
– TV Drama
– TV General programming (including Current Affairs and Entertainment formats)
– New Media Productions (including WEB, iPOD, Promotional Video etc.)
Plus four special “Science in Society” TV/New Media Awards for:
– best presentation of science within an environment issue
– best presentation of or by a woman scientist/engineer
– best TV documentary judged by a teenage jury
– best production as judged by the theatre audience.
In the Festival, that is organized by EuroPAWS, Euroscience and Agtel, the screenings of the productions will be complemented by panelled discussions and keynote talks on themes relating to Science and TV media.
The deadline for entries is Friday 20 April 2012.
For further information contact Andrew Millington, the festival director via email email@example.com or via telephone (00) 44 20 7483 4545.
The Festival will take place in Dublin over 3 days in association with the Euroscience Open Forum ESOF-2012 a biennial conference where Research, Technology and Society meets in an interdisciplinary and pan-European way.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Economía, Indústria y Competitividad (MINECO)