The world’s largest particle physics laboratory, CERN, is recruiting a Head of Communications, Education and Outreach. It is a 5-year position (from 1st January 2016 until 31th December 2020) and the main role of the candidate will be to implement the Organization’s strategy in the field of internal and external communication, education and outreach. Deadline for applications is 11th June 2015.
- Advising and assisting the CERN Directorate in communication, education and outreach matters.
- Fostering interest and support for the Organization and its mission through strategic planning and achievement, in collaboration in particular with Member States,
- Setting strategic objectives and work plans for communication activities
- Setting strategic objectives and work plans for educational and outreach activities
- Fostering collaboration with CERN Member States as well as other institutions
Knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree in the field of Communication, Science Journalism, Strategic Marketing (or equivalent).
- An additional qualification in a scientific field would be an asset.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- very good level of spoken and written French
- Significant experience in a senior management position in the fields of communication, scientific education and outreach, preferably in an international environment.
Skills and aptitudes:
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a team of expert science communicators.
- Communicating effectively
- Creating vision and Strategic partnerships
- Leading with strength and credibility
It is a 5-year position, from 1 January 2016 until 31 December 2020.
Interested candidates have to log at CERN’s online application form and submit a curriculum vitae, 2 reference letters and a motivation statement by 11th June 2015
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades