The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) is seeking a Public Engagement and Science Education Officer to develop and manage innovative citizen science and educational programmes to strengthen the outreach activities of the CNIO. This is a newly-created position where a motivated, skilled and experienced person will be responsible for the implementation and strategy of a public engagement programme involving CNIO researchers and the public audience. The successful candidate will closely work with the Communications Team, the Department of International Affairs and the Department of Scientific Management to continue embedding a culture of science outreach across the CNIO. The work of the Public Engagement Officer will help promote public awareness of the CNIO scientific impact on society and contribute to the efforts of the Centre to foster scientific engagement with young generations and their mentors.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Identification and evaluation of the research results and technologies generated by CNIO scientist and with potential to be commercialized.
• Helping create and implement the strategy of the Centre for ‘Science and Society’ activities.
• Managing the different activities of the ongoing and novel Citizen Science project ‘CNIO and the City’.
• Coordinating outreach activities with the CNIO Communications Team, Events, the Dean’s Office and International Affairs to increase the impact of the Citizen Science initiatives.
• Generating new initiatives for outreach activities and help draft proposals for national and international funding.
Here you can read more information about the offer.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades