13:00h – 14:00h. Auditorium.
Malcolm will present one of the actions carried out within the María de Maeztu DTIC-UPF research projects to help ensure compliance by these projects with GDPR, presenting a general practical protocol for research projects processing personal data, with the objective for managing data within these projects to ensure not just legal compliance but also use and re-use within legally established limits. Illustrated by work with the Freesound platform. Malcolm will also lead a debate on whether and how datasets incorporating personal data may be used within Open Science oriented projects, if at all.
14:00h – 15:00h. Auditorium Hall
15:00h – 17:00h. Auditorium.
Incentives and recognition to Open Science in Spain (session in Spanish / English)
Brief introduction of participants and selected OS activities in SOMMa. Aurelio Ruiz (DTIC-UPF) (document)
How should (if it should) Open Science be incentivised when assessing research organisations in programs such as the centers and units of excellence Severo Ochoa and María Maeztu?
- Open Science in Spain. Pilar Rico Castro. Head of the Unit Open Access Unit, Repositories and Journals. Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT)
- Case 1. Contributing to EU policy.The case of the EU Open Science Policy Platform, and EU-Life reaction to Plan S principles. Michela Bertero (CRG)
- Case 2. Distributing internal resources using Open Science criteria– The María de Maeztu DTIC-UPF program. Xavier Serra (DTIC-UPF)
17:15h – 18:00h. Auditorium.
Meeting of the SOMMa Working Group on Open Science. Next steps.
10:00h – 14:30h. Room 55.410.
“Open Science and the funding management process”.
15:30h – 17:30h. Room 55.309.
Tutorial – Wikimedia Public (Research) Resources (details)
Location: Dept. of Information and Communication Technologies, Univ. Pompeu Fabra. Roc Boronat 138, 08018, Barcelona (how to get)
- MTG-UPF and Google collaborate to foster open research in sound event recognition
- María de Maeztu DTIC-UPF Strategic Research Program: strategically funding excellence under open science principles
- Visit by the Basque Center for Applied Mathematics – BCAM
- Opening Science to Open Innovation
- Reproducibility in Research
- Developing a department of open scholars
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades