The annual event showcases an exciting cutting-edge science and technology research from across the UK and provides an opportunity for members of the public to talk with scientists and ask them questions about their work. Alongside the exhibition, there will be a programme of events like science Cafés, panel discussions, show and tells and interactive activities.
- Be aged 18 or over
- Good teamwork skills, initiative and enthusiasm
- Passion for science
- Skills in event management would be a plus
Main tasks will include:
- Managing schools talks and exhibitor show and tell sessions
- Taking responsibility for particular events
- Briefing school groups and teachers
- Podcasting for R.Science, our audio podcast
- Greeting visitors and staffing the information desk
- Administrative tasks including social media, evaluation and monitoring emails
The Royal Society will cover travel expenses and will provide meals and refreshments during the exhibition opening times.
The Royal Society was founded in 1660 and its mission is to recognise, promote, and support excellence in science and to encourage the development and use of science for the benefit of humanity.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades