The expert group’s general objective is to help the European Commission identify existing indicators and to propose new indicators that can measure impacts of Responsible Research and Innovation activities (RRI). RRI aims to improve the societal alignment of research and innovation.
In particular, RRI is based on six key elements: public engagement, science education, gender equality, open access to scientific information, ethics and governance.
Specifically, the group will assist the design and implementation of trustworthy and valid qualitative and quantitative indicators of RRI impacts. Besides this, to meet the need for evidence-based policy making, the expert group will reflect on ways to frame foreseen and new RRI policy initiatives and actions along SMART objectives (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely). At European level, such objectives and initiatives also need to be linked to the Horizon 2020.
The group of experts is integrated by:
- Roger Strand. Professor and Director of the Centre for the Study of the Sciences and the Humanities. University of Bergen, Norway.
- Jack B. Spaapen. Policy advisor and executive secretary of the Humanities Council. Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Netherlands.
- Martin Bauer. Professor of Social Psychology and Research Methodology. London School of Economics, United Kingdom
- Ela Krawczyk. Director of The Futures Academy, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Gema Revuelta. Associated Professor of Science Communication and Deputy Director of the Science Communication Observatory, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- Sigrid Stagl. Full Professor at the Institute for the Environment and Regional Development at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Geomina Turlea. Institute for Prospective Technological Studies – IPTS, European Commission – Joint Research Centre, Romania
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Economía, Indústria y Competitividad (MINECO)