The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences within University of West England Bristol is seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Science Communication who will join the Department of Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences on a part time and fixed term basis until 30th June 2015.
To contribute to teaching and learning in science communication and to contribute to the development of research that underpins provision in science communication within the Science Communication Unit.
- To apply for external funding for research and public engagement activities
- To contribute to the academic field of science communication through conference presentation and academic publication
- To work creatively to enable and support student learning
- To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate project students
- To participate in the general academic administration of the Department
- To contribute as appropriate to citizenship activities of the University
- Lecturing/teaching experience in Higher Education (HE), in one or more of the following areas: science museums and festivals, arts based approaches to science communication (e.g. SciArts), inclusion and inclusivity, and/or digital communications
- An active research profile in one or more of the above areas which can be drawn on for the purpose of teaching
- A commitment to enhancing teaching quality and standards
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the broad fields of: science museums and festivals, arts based approaches to public engagement, inclusion and inclusivity, and/or digital communications
- Knowledge of a range of social science research methodologies
- Able to employ/develop innovative methods to support effective student learning
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent level of written, verbal and visual communication, including the ability to produce briefing information to students and academic documentation
- Ability to organise self and others to maximise effectiveness, in an academic context
- Effective communication skills
Applications for this post must be submitted using the online eRecruitment system and must include reference number 1407064 in any communications. Deadline is 30 May 2014 at 11.59pm.
If interested candidates would like an informal discussion or further information, can contact Lucy Meredith at Lucy5.Meredith@uwe.ac.uk