Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona) is an independent, non-profit research institution engaged in basic and applied biomedical science that aims to improve quality of life by applying advances in this field. It was created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and Universitat de Barcelona. Currently IRB has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world. Now IRB Barcelona is seeking for 2 job positions: Public Engagement & Education Officer and Scientific Officer.
Public Engagement & Education Officer:
The post-holder will join the Office of Communications and External Relations and will develop and deliver scientific education and outreach programmes and activities based on the research conducted at the Institute.
- Help design and implement the Institute’s overall strategy for outreach and education activities.
- Coordinate and develop existing programmes, such as the “Crazy About Biomedicine” programme for high-school students and workshops for high-school science teachers
- Collaborate with the Parc Científic de Barcelona’s Research in Society Programme and coordinate IRB Barcelona scientists’ participation in these activities.
- Generate and evaluate ideas for new projects to engage a variety non-specialist audience.
- A PhD degree in the natural sciences, preferably in the life sciences (required).
- A relevant qualification in science communication (desirable).
- 2-3 years experience in devising and delivering outreach and education activities within a scientific environment.
- Knowledge of publishing techniques for web and print and familiarity with social media tools.
- Solid command of written and spoken English, Spanish and Catalan.
Candidates should apply by sending a CV, plus a brief statement of experience and interests in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject message “Ref: AD/14/01”by April 30th.
This position is initially offered until December 2015, with the possibility of extension depending on funding generated. Requires some weekend work related to the Crazy About Biomedicine programme.
The candidate will join the Research and Academic Administration department and should have communication, organization and team-working skills.
- Promotion and support of applications to EU and other international projects.
- Promotion and follow-up of collaborative scientific and technological actions.
- Collaboration in the management of the internal technological resources.
- PhD degree in life sciences in topics related to the main research lines at the institute.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing scientific administration issues in similar institutions.
- Previous experience in international and EU projects management.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Ready to travel.
To apply submit the application by email at email@example.com indicating in the subject message “Ref: AD/13/02”.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades