.MDB, Inc. is a strategic consulting firm especially known for their extensive work in the fields of public and environmental health and worker safety, and is currently looking for an Environmental Health Science Research and Communication Specialist. MDB Inc. offices are in Washington, D.C. and Durham (North Carolina) but they support a distributed work environment and science writers may work remotely.
Responsible for conducting research and preparing materials in language and format appropriate for diverse target audiences within the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), as well as the general public.
– Support senior staff to conduct research and analyses related to environmental public health topics.
– Create audience-appropriate summaries of findings from federally-funded environmental health research programs.
– Work closely with MDB staff, federal clients, and academics to achieve a high level of readability, consistency, and technical accuracy of web-based and print materials.
– Interact with clients to assess needs; provide solutions for efficient project management.
– Assist in planning, scheduling, and executing all phases of projects.
– Ensure project goals are achieved according to client expectations.
– Anticipate, recognize, and resolve issues.
– MA/MS in environmental science, biological science, science and health communications, or environmental policy.
– 3-5 years of relevant experience.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
– Strong research and analytical skills.
– High-level writing and editing skills.
If you are interested in this position, submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “EHS Communication Specialist 02-2012” and your last name in the subject line of the e-mail.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Economía, Indústria y Competitividad (MINECO)