STS is an inter-disciplinary department which is active in teaching and research in contemporary science and technology studies including science policy and governance, science communication, engagement, and evaluation, and sociology of science, as well as integrated history and philosophy of science.
- Teach courses in science communication on the department’s undergraduate and graduate programmes
- Supervise graduate students
- Complete outstanding research
- Contribute to administrative activities
- Demonstrate expertise in science communication, public engagement and science and technology studies
- Hold or expect to hold by the time of appointment a PhD in an appropriate field (such as science communication, journalism, science and technology studies, etc.)
- Ability to conduct high quality research
- Commitment to high-quality teaching and to fostering a positive learning environment for students
Deadline for applications is 23 April 2013 and interested applicants must apply online via the UCL website
More information about the role profile.
Contact and further information:
Prof. Joe Cain (Head of Department and Chair of Search Committee), J.Cain@ucl.ac.uk for informal enquiries.
Kate Hickson (department’s administrator) firstname.lastname@example.org for queries regarding the vacancy or the application process.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades