The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE) has open a job position Communication and Public Relations Manager with the main goal to increase the impact, visibility and recognition of IFAE in the society
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Discover and pursue communication opportunities for the IFAE research lines
- Provide support for the communication needs (Technology Transfer, job opportunities, etc.)
- Manage the Public Relations.
- Undertake the corporative positioning in the social environment.
- Undertake and maintain the digital positioning acting as a community manager.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date outreach material (written, multi-media, interactive,…) for IFAE.
- Keep IFAE personnel up-to-date about news in the media and outreach material of their interest.
- Education: an advanced degree in scientific communication or a degree in physics with well-proven experience in communication.
- Experience: at least three years working in a scientific communication department.
- Languages: an excellent level of English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Availability for short trips in Spain and abroad.
The initial contract will be for three years. Extensions and/or indefinite employment will be subject to mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and incatate Job Reference: IFAE-2015-SO-01 in the “Subject”. Deadline is February 15th 2015.
IFAE is a research centre located at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona and it is awarded with the Severo Ochoa recognition for excellence. IFAE conducts first-class research in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticle Physics, Cosmology, both theoretical and experimental, and in instrumentation development, especially for medical applications.