.The 12th biennial Conference on Communication and the Environment (COCE) will take place in Uppsala (Sweden) on 2013 June 6th to 10th and its theme is Environmental Communication: Participation Revisited: openings and closures for deliberations on the commons.
The call for papers, panels and posters is open. Some of the main fields have to be related to questions such as:
- How do communication and politics interact to open and close opportunities for citizen participation?
- How do various cultural models of participation open and close possibilities for sustainability?
- How do place-based understandings of landscapes open and close options for participatory management of the commons?
- How does relative emphasis on the labels ‘citizen’ and ‘stakeholder’ influence the significance of participation?
- How do new media open and/or close opportunities for public participation?
- How does the frame of deliberation constrain participation opportunities?
- How do people determine what counts as legitimate participation, and who decides?
- How have we re-imagined the concept of the commons?
The deadline for submission is September 15 2012 and you can take a look at the guidelines here. For further details about the call you can contact one of the following via email: Hanna Bergea, Andrea Feldpausch-Parker, Tarla Rai Peterson or Kaisa Raitio.
The COCE 2013 will be held at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and is being co-hosted by the Division of Environmental Communication at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Uppsala University’s Center for Sustainable Development (CSD) and the Cemus Research Forum(CEFO).
Este blog cuenta con la colaboración de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología – Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación