OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences.
Main tasks of the role are:
- To write news and feature articles for the web and press releases
- To update OIST’s social media
- To write text for PR and event materials
- To take photos and/or create videos to accompany written materials (if the fellow has experience in it)
Experience and skills:
- Degree and/or interest in science required; degree in journalism preferred
- Some hands-on science writing experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English necessary, proficiency in Japanese an advantage
- The ability to coordinate activities, both within and outside of OIST
- Experience working with scientists and other technical people desired
- Proficiency in the use of computer, word-processing and desktop publishing techniques and software a must
- Photography, videography, blogging and podcasting experience appreciated
To apply for this position, you have to send a resume in English (and Japanese if applicable), a cover letter in English (and Japanese if applicable) addressed to Neil Calder, Vice President for Communications & Public Relations and two examples of work preferably published via email to email@example.com.
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación