The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) is seeking a manager of its food quality and safety projects and communications, including food risk communications. It is a full time position in central Brussels, starting from October/November 2010. Remuneration: 55.000 to 70.000 Euros, plus benefits, subject to experience and qualifications
- Head up and lead the food safety, food quality and food risk/benefit programmes and communications in EUFIC.
- Participate in EU-funded projects where EUFIC is a consortium partner, specifically projects related to food safety, quality and risk communication.
- Manage interns working on food safety and related projects.
- Postgraduate with a degree related to food safety, food microbiology, food production, ideally with a further degree (PhD or MSc) in risk communication, science communication, or related subjects.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in related subject.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and ideally another language.
- Interested in, and a passion for, a safe food supply, communications and media.
- Excellent communicator with ability to translate scientific subjects into easily-understood language.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
Email your application including full CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject “Food Safety and Risk Communications Manager”.
Check other vacancies in the EUFIC website
Este blog cuenta con la colaboración de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología – Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación