The Institute of Photonic Sciences, ICFO, is offering a Communications Officer position to work in parallel with the Communications Unit Head on a wide variety of projects and on content creation and media relations. This is a full time position for an initial period of one year.
Main objectives of ICFO’s Communications Unit:
- Assisting researchers in transmitting the results of their research to the general public in the most genuine way
- Reaching high potential future researchers to the center
- Strengthening the international recognition of the center
- Transmitting the importance of frontier research in all areas of photonics
Main tasks will include:
- Organizing, writing and managing content for ICFO communication including:Social Media, dynamic content for ICFO website, Press Releases on major research advances, Newsletter contributions, etc.
- Press / Media relations
Some of the requirements are:
- Degree in Communications or Journalism or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Ideally, a degree in physics, chemistry or engineering
- Basic fluency in Photoshop/ multi-media editing programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within an international context, with individuals of differing cultural and educational backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creative and “can do” attitude toward resolving unforeseen challenges
- Self-confident and able to propose and manage new as well as support existing initiatives
- Fluent Spanish/Catalan and English (written and oral)
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply and there isn’t restrictions of citizenship or gender.
Deadline for applications is 30th of June 2013. Interested applicants should send a presentation letter and a CV including full contact details via online application at https://jobs.icfo.es
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación