- Further develop Public Information activities in EFDA
- Prepare JET related public information articles, including both online (Web) and printed articles; in particular provide material for the JET part of the EFDA Newsletter
- Prepare and distribute new EFDA JET public information material
- Investigate and develop new channels (new media) to reach different target groups
- Develop education and outreach materials
Required qualities and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, journalist or science communicator
- Creative mind with a sense for good stories and great communication skills to approach scientists and engineers
- Experience in scientific research would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of English
The Responsible Officer reports to the Head of the Public Information Office
The job offered is located in Culham and might require some missions to Garching (DE).
Non-profit organisation/Research: European Fusion Development Agreement
Deadline for application: 28 February 2011
Date of Vacancy: Immediate
Contract: full time, Secondment from a Fusion Laboratory up to four years.
NB: If you are not employed by one of the Fusion laboratories listed here, please get in
contact with the laboratory in your country.
For information about the position
Dr Petra Nieckchen, Head of Office
Tel: +44 1235 46 4483
Mrs Catherine Soltane, Head of Administration
Tel: +44 1235 46 4621
Este blog cuenta con la financiación de la Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT) y el Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación